Friday, February 20, 2009

Why Do I Do The Things I Do?!?

How much is Bit O' Honey worth? Bit o Honey is a candy I enjoyed a ton as s kid and every Halloween it is the first thing I steal from Cherish's loot. I haven't bought them in some time but I had remembered seeing them in the past at all the major retailers. So when I started to plan Cherish's 6Th birthday party with a My Friends Tigger and Pooh theme I had a wonderful idea. I bought a honey pot on ebay and I decided to fill it with Bit o Honey. I went to Target to pick up a bag on Tuesday and they didn't carry them. So I went to CVS, no luck there either. All in all I went to two Targets, two CVSs, two Smart and Finals, Big Lots, 99Cents Only, Sweet Factory, two Rite Aids, two Ralph's, Alberson's and Vons with no luck. I looked online and I found it but I would have had to over night it and it would have cost $49 for shipping. This morning I was talking to Kristen, Izzy's therapist (to help her with her walking or lack there of), I mentioned that I was looking for Bit o Honey and Honey Sticks (which I had seen at Trader Joes but when I went there they has discontinued them) She Mentioned that she had gotten Bit o Honey earlier in the week at Knott's Berry Farm and that they sold honey sticks at the farmer's market in Huntington Beach which just happened to be going on today from 12:00 to dusk. She also mentioned that their was a candy store that might carry Bit O Honey right on main street. So off we went on our adventure. I got my quarters for the meeter and off we went. We got there and we found the candy store and they had them. They charged $1.35 for seven little pieces but they had them and at this point I just wanted to finish my idea. So I bought 4 bags and off I went to the farmers market where I found the honey sticks. Yeah I got it all. I was excited that I was able to find what I had been looking for. I get an idea in my head and I just can't let it go. So with honey in hand I started back to car and thought about how much time was on my meeter and I realized that I had never put the quarters in. NOOOOOO!!!!!! So off we ran to the car with our fingers crossed. Luck was not on my side. So after a $45 parking ticket, I might as well have paid the $49 shipping fee. Oh well. I guess all I can do is smile and remind myself that it really isn't that serious if my pot isn't full of Bit O Honey.

3 comments:

Evaly said...

That SUCKS!

Heather said...

I feel for you but at least you finished out your idea and the party was or will be wonderful!

Em-Cat said...

Wow Chela! I'm impressed. Once you set your mind to something, you really go for it. Right on! I can't believe you searched so many places. I would've given up after the 1st Target.